Monday, June 14, 2010

So Exciting, Yet Very Scarey!!!

Yes, I know, it has been awhile.  Well, I am on the final lap of this long journey.  My final surgery is scheduled for June 21st.  At this time, they will remove my thyroid and shave down my tongue so that I am able to eat and talk normal again.  The good news is that when they did my Pet Scan in May they found that the only cancer left in my body, well from knees to head, was in my thyroid.  So, as of June 21st, after surgery, I will be cancer free.  I can't explain how good it feels to say that.  It has been such a long and hard fight, but as I have told everyone, I am strong and I can beat this thing.  God, I really didn't know how strong I was b/c believe me, there were definetly times when I didn't think I had anymore fight left in me.  I can't say it was all me though.  Not only was God there the whole time but he furnished me with the best friends and family a person could ask for.  I have had the best support system anyone could ever ask for.  Alot of people never know how much people really care for them and then it is expressed at a memorial service, thank god I didnt have to find out that way.  I felt like in the beginning that I was being punished for some odd reason, but now I see the rewards in my family and friends, because each and every one of them has been the best gift I could have ever asked for.  I have such mixed feelings about this surgery but God has pulled me through so far and I am definetly not going to lose faith in him now because he has carried me further can I could have ever wished for.  I am so excited that I will be able to live my life cancer free and move on, hopefully as normal as possible.  At the same time, I am scared to death of the "what ifs".  I shouldn't think like that, I know, I preach it to others all the time, but that fear is still there.  At this very moment, I will push those what ifs to the back of my mind and trust in my faith. 

I will keep everyone updated after my surgery.  I would like to really express my gratitude to my support system.  I don't think that some know what a huge role they have played in my recovery, but just know that every word, every expression, every prayer, and every hug has meant the world to me and has helped to fight off this evil devil called cancer.

Much Love and God Bless,
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment