Monday, March 15, 2010

Last Radiation Treatment!

Today, I have officially finished my first set of treatments.  No more radiation and no more chemo!!! Thank God!  I let my son stay out of school today to go along since they have this huge gong to ring at the finalization of treatments.  He was pretty stoked but he did hold back because I am sure he could have made that thing make noises it had only dreamed of.  I figured, my kids are the main reason I made it through, well they were my driving force anyway.  I wanted them to be apart of the finalization since they are the ones who have had to make the major adjustments of their new mommy.  I know it has been really hard on a 3, now 4, year old and 8 year old to see their mommy transform in so many ways in just 3 months.  And they have been real troopers through all of this.  I just hope that when they look back on it they just remember how strong their mommy was, how much I love them, and how much it will eventually make our family grow with this life changing experience.  I have had alot of changes in my life lately, all of them for the good I hope.

I have now lost 46 lbs altogether.  I know it is not good to lose all this right now but I just look at all the food I will eventually be able to eat again, hopefully sooner than later.  I have good days and I have bad days.  On my bad days, I would kill for a balogna sandwhich, and you could even read me the ingredients and I would still eat the heck out of it. lol  But, all this will come in time and I just have to keep reminding myself of that.  Even though I have finished with my treatments, the doctors tell me that the next couple of weeks will remain the same if not a little worse because I am so drained.  But after that, it should slowly start to get better.  I can't wait, even though it means getting closer to one more surgery.  This too, shall pass.

Even though I have finished with radiation and chemo, I am still going through my steps to getting better.  One day at a time.  I am starting to see a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel these days and hopefully these rainy, stormy days are in my past and the future will be nothing but brighter.  I am going to wrap this up now.  Thanks, to my little one that doesn't like to sleep at night, there is no telling what all I have typed because I kind of feel like I have been rambling.  If I have, I am sorry, but I will try to keep everyone posted on what else is to come in the future.
Love and God Bless,
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment